New Safety Protocols and Facilities
We would like to inform all of our patients and visitors to the practice that due to health care settings remaining a high-risk environment for the spread of COVID-19 and its variants, Public Health England has informed all dental practices we must continue the precautionary measures we have been adhering to so far.
Our patients and staff’s health and safety are of upmost importance to us and we are carefully ensuring we keep everyone as safe as possible during these unprecedented times.
Face coverings – Face coverings are still mandatory in health-care settings, we would kindly like to ask you to continue the use of face coverings around our practice to protect one another as much as possible, unless you are exempt.
Social distancing - We have disregarded our floor stickers and outside waiting however; we would like to encourage you to be vigilant and understanding of those around you, as you have been up to now. Mindful social distancing is still in place in our waiting rooms and around the practice.
Online check in and COVID19 screening – we would like to encourage you to complete these remotely as much as possible to help us make your experience as easy and efficient as can be. When arriving at the practice please use our hand sanitiser and self-check in ipad. If you would prefer to continue to wait outside for your appointment, we ask you to please inform us of your arrival via telephone. Reception will no longer be checking in from outside the practice.
Hand gel – we would like to ask all patients and visitors to the practice to continue to disinfect their hands an arrival and departure of the practice to help prevent the spread of any virus’.
There is a new standard protocol for patient attendance at our practice and I would like you to read the information below prior to your booked attendance.
Patient Protocol for Attending the Practice
There is a new protocol for patient attendance in order to meet social distancing and protection of the vulnerable whilst at Darren Bywater Dental Care.
We would be very grateful if you would adhere to this new guidance for your protection and for a smooth patient journey.
- You should make your appointment by telephone, emaiI or by our new online booking service. This will reduce the need for unnecessary travel to and from the surgery.
- Once an appointment is registered on our system, you will receive both a text and an email inviting you to fill in a number of forms a day or two before your arrival. Please fill in all these forms as they will prepopulate our system automatically. This will save you filling out any forms back at the practice and reduce contact exposure.
Arriving at the Dental Practice:
- Do not attend the practice if you are displaying signs of covid-19 . Current government guidelines suggest 1. A new continuous cough 2. High temperature 3. Loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell are signs of covid-19 status.
- Attend the practice with your own face covering.
- Once arrived please enter through the front entrance (when clear of other people) and use our hand sanitiser before using our self-check-in system on our ipad. There is no longer the need to wait outside our practice unless it is your preference to do so. If you would prefer to wait outside or in your car, we kindly ask you to inform us of your arrival via telephone or remote check-in service using your QR code that you would have acquired by filling in your forms at home.
Your Dental Appointment:
- Your dentist and nurse may be wearing various guises of PPE that you may not be used to. Do not be alarmed, this is normal practice to ensure your safety and that of our staff.
- Your dental appointment may consist of treatment that is carried out in one of our specially adapted surgeries. The treatment time will be increased to account for our additional covid-19 decontaminant procedures. We would be grateful if you could bear with us that your appointment may be longer than normal.
- Always maintain social distancing and be mindful of those around you within our practice.
- Your nurse will guide you to the reception where your appointment will be concluded. We are at the moment continuing to ask patients to pay via card or a contactless method.
- Any further appointments will be made for you at reception
- There are further opportunities to carry out hand hygiene using our sanitiser at the reception desk or on exit of the practice.
Our progress so far
- Radic 8 Virus killer in all surgeries and waiting rooms. Radic 8 Virus Killer is leading the global air filter against airborne and droplet covid-19 virus. Kill rate of coronavirus at 99.99999%. Combines a pre filter, HEPA filter, activated carbon and the reactor cell of 8 super UVC lamps with 40 TiO2 hexagon filters makes it the ultimate solution for eradicating coronavirus and other agents. The Radic 8 Virus killers can filter 60 to 100 cubic sq meters of air in 4 to 6 minutes.
- Air Extraction System We have incorporated air extraction systems far in excess of 16 air exchanges per hour allowing our fallow time to be 10mins.
- Contactless patient journey: At Darren Bywater Dental Care we have invested in a contactless patient journey involving completing all your dental forms remotely at home, booking your own appointments on-line, self-check in, and contactless payment.
- Correct PPE to protect the patients and the staff. Complete surgery room disinfection between patients using vaporised disinfection technology.
- Disinfection stations throughout the practice.
- Practice protocols that reduces the number of patients within the practice at any one time.
- Reception splash guards to protect the patients and reception staff.
Work is now completed and Darren Bywater dental care can be deemed fully COVID Secure.
Darren and the team at Darren Bywater Dental Care